OpenCart Upgrade Versions, what is best for me?
Upgrading your version of OpenCart is not always as simple as you may think, simply upgrading could have a knock on effect on the whole site and cause it to fall over completely if you have not looked at all the elements.
There are many OpenCart versions from 1.5.1.x, .1.5.3.x, 1.5.6.x, 2.1.x, 2.2 and the latest 2.3.x. You can't just upgrade from an early version to the latest, it just doesn't work that way. Sometimes it is easier to just upgrade to the next version but you need to consider just a few of the following.
- Is the current theme/design compatible?
- Are all the modules installed and in use compatible with later versions of OpenCart?
- Are the payment gateways compatible or do they require upgrades?
- Have you had any bespoke work done to the site that may be affected?
- Has the previous developer kept the code clean, made bespoke changes to VQmods that may be affected by an upgrade?
If you want to upgrade we are happy to help and discuss your site, look at the elements and upgrade your site for you to the best version or even re-build your site in the current system and migrate all your products, categories, customers and historic sales data.
Give us a call to discuss in more detail.